Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Serendipity Moment - vintage tourist glasses

Related Posts with ThumbnailsMy hubby's family owns several cottages that sit on the edge Lake Michigan in Mackinac Michigan. His Grandfather bought five beach front lots back in the day; one for each of his children.  They in turn each built a cabin or year round home.  Now some of the cabins are being passed down to the grandchildren.  
A nephew is getting married in a few months and I was looking for something different and quirky to add to their wedding gift, but wasn't coming up with anything. At the auction this past week, several boxes of vintage tourist glasses came up for auction.  I couldn't believe my luck to find these glasses here in California. The lot was so big, I will be able to give a set of glass to all the grandchildren when they get married. Thought it would be a nice way for them to remember their great-grandparents and grandparents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay - scary thing - I totally REMEMBER those glasses in souvenier shops when I was little and we would go through the U.P. on our way to Wisconsin. My grandparents had a set of those.
What a treasure to find!